Announcements and Important Events
Lakeview Athletics Summer Announcement
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Lakeview athletic department has been greatly saddened by the cancellation of winter tournaments and spring sports and the impact it has had on our student-athletes. Though, we are excited to announce we plan to return to athletic activity starting on June 17th. We plan to focus our emphasis purely on conditioning our student-athletes and readying them for the fall season. The details of our workouts are below. We look forward to engaging with our student-athletes once again!!
Start Date: Wednesday, June 17th
End Date: Friday, July 3rd
*Dates through the month of July will be determined the first week of July based on state regulations and guidelines*
All summer activity and workout sessions apply to only 9-12th grade student-athletes. This means if you are in 9th-12th grade in 20-21, you can participate.
Lakeview Football Fields, Soccer Fields, and HS parking lots. Coaches will direct where specific teams/athletes will go after check-in.
*When you arrive, everyone will line up at the HS football stadium entrance to fill out required paperwork and for a required temperature screen. Please keep 6-foot social distancing and we ask that all parents and students wear a mask when they arrive. Temperature screens will take place every day. Parents are required to fill out a required form only on Day 1.*
Days and Times:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:30am-Noon
What to Bring:
Athletes, please bring your own facial coverings if possible and your own water bottles. Drinking fountains will not be available. Facial coverings may be provided but we ask you try to bring your own.
Points of Importance:
- The health and safety of our student-athletes is of the upmost importance. We will be following state guidelines as well as disinfecting equipment before and after use and scanning everyone’s temperatures including coaches and staff before every workout session. Anyone with a temperature higher than 100.3 must be sent home and get doctor’s clearance before returning.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout workout sessions
- Until further state regulations change, all indoor facilities including bathrooms and locker rooms are not available to use. Please keep this in mind when participating.
- A trainer will be available on site
- We must ask that students be ready to leave campus at the end of the workout sessions. We must clear the grounds on a timely manner and not encourage “hanging out” afterwards or before workouts.
- Please bring appropriate attire to participate in. This includes clothing and shoes. Nothing should be taken off or shared.
- Please wash your hands properly for 20 seconds before arriving to workouts and to also shower/wash hands immediately when you get home.
Physicals are not required for summer activity, therefore no need to have one on file with the athletic office beforehand.
Also, due to new rule changes for the 20-21 school year, the MHSAA is allowing all physicals from the 19-20 school year on file with the athletic office to be valid and carryover to the 20-21 school year. You will not need a new physical if your child already had one on file in 19-20. This applies to all students who will be 7th-12th graders starting next year. All upcoming 6th graders will be required to get a physical.
There will be a health questionnaire that each student is required to fill out in place of getting a new physical at the beginning of their sports season next school year. This will be provided at the time of signups and on our Final Forms registration website.
We look forward to seeing everyone once again. We are excited to have our kids back with our coaches. Go Spartans!!
Any questions/concerns, please call the athletic office at 269-565-3792.